We're Hiring For An Art Director
Are you organized, artistic, and passionate about games? Then you may be the right person for our team, because SJ Games is hiring for an Art Director! This position can be remote, and is a full-time position. We're looking for someone who can:
- Administer the art process for all products.
- Work with the Production Manager, Managing Editor, and Line Editors to determine interior and cover art requirements.
- Track all art and graphic needs for each product and immediately consult with the Production Manager if any deadline for art or art specifications is not met.
- Check art specs provided by editors. Make sure they fit the needs of the product and are written in a way the artist can understand.
- Work with the Managing Editor and Line Editor(s) to determine cover requirements for each project. Work and correspond with artists to meet these needs.
- Specify art requirements and work with artists, checking comps and sketches, to make sure that art conforms to the specific instructions for the product and the general specifications, if any, for that game line.
- Negotiate contracts for covers and interior art; submit check requests for artist payments.
- Recruit new artists. Respond in a professional and timely fashion to all inquiries from would-be artists.
- Maintain complete and up-to-date files of artists we have worked with or may work with in the future.
- Return any physical originals of art after it has been used; file originals that are our property.
- Illustration, as time permits, if the Art Director is an artist.
- Assist with typography, layout, etc., when the above duties permit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in art or related field; or relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other illustration and desktop publishing applications.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, but can work independently when the need arises.
- A strong sense of creativity and design.
- A love for board games and tabletop roleplaying games.
If you think you're the right candidate, let us hear from you! We're always looking for exceptional individuals and you may just be the right fit. You can find these details on our Jobs page as well. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with an attached resume in PDF or Word format (be sure your first and last names are the file name). We look forward to hearing from awesome candidates!