An occult game about broken people conspiring to fix the world.
It's about keeping what you have from those who want it.
Unknown Armies presents magick as it might exist in a world informed by crime fiction and secret histories, as twisting wrinkles in reality created by greater and greater risk, sacrifice, and obsession. As the gamemaster, you lead the players in creating their characters and the world they exist in, then set up antagonists worthy of their attention. You are their guide into darkness and the light that shows them the way out.
It's about kicking them while they're down,
then cheering when they get up.
Book Two: Run is the book for gamemasters. It tells you how to:
- Present the characters with obstacles to their fevered dreams of changing the world.
- Oversee character creation and setting collaboration in the first session of play.
- Draw on the rich and disturbingly familiar world of the occult underground.
- Create new creatures and antagonists.
- Resolve conflicts as a fan of the characters.
- Prepare situations to disturb and entertain.
Created by Greg Stolze and John Tynes, Unknown Armies presents an entirely original yet disturbingly familiar approach to mystery, horror, and action in roleplaying games.
Written by Cam Banks / Tim Dedopulos / Shoshana Kessock / Sophie Legace / Chris Lites / W. J. MacGuffin / Ryan Macklin / Greg Stolze / Chad Underkoffler / Monica Valentinelli / Filamena Young