Steve Jackson Games
New Kids on the Block!
High school – a time for proms, football, and homework. But at Knox High, it's also time for some of the students to try out their new super abilities! They're powerful, confused, and misunderstood. They create destruction and chaos wherever they go. They're hunted by the authorities . . . and by dark powers.
In School of Hard Knocks, your GURPS Supers heroes must track down the city's brand new metahumans, discover what they want . . . find out who wants them . . . and decide how to deal with them!
School of Hard Knocks is a four-color adventure for supers of 500 points or greater. It is also a sourcebook for GURPS Supers, with characters, settings, story ideas, and a continuing campaign plot that can be used after the adventure is done.
School of Hard Knocks includes:
- The Hell-Raisers – a team of maniacal villains led by a hell-spawned demon.
- The Forty Thieves – a team of high school supers with problems that ordinary teens never dreamed of.
- Maps for two super-battlegrounds: Knox High School and Ridgecrest Mall.
- Adventure seeds – springboards to further adventure, providing the GM with ideas to keep players busy for months.
- And much, much more . . .
School of Hard Knocks requires the GURPS Basic Set, Third Edition and GURPS Supers. Ideas are included for the GM who wishes to translate the adventure to another genre, such as espionage or outer space. The adventure can fit into an ongoing campaign – or it can be used as an introductory scenario for a brand new set of supers! Plenty of GM advice is also included, to smooth the pain if things go wrong. So buckle down, it's time to get an education . . . from the School of Hard Knocks!
NOTE: This PDF is a scanned copy of the last printed edition of GURPS Supers: School of Hard Knocks. No changes or updates from that 1991 edition were made, but we have appended all known errata to the end of the document.
Written by Aaron Allston