Steve Jackson Games
Contents: 130-page PDF
How the West Was Won
The American frontier was a legend, even while it was happening. Gunfighters, Indians, cowboys, miners, and mountain men, the Pony Express, the Texas Rangers and the outlaws they fought, the "rust-eaters" who pushed the rails west, the settlers battling fires, floods, stampedes, and sickness . . . their adventures made the nation what it is today!
GURPS Old West has:
- All the classic character types: the Cowhand, the Dude, the Gunslinger, the Doc, the Gambler, the Outlaw, and the Lawman . . . even the town drunk.
- Descriptions of authentic Western weaponry.
- Maps showing the Westward expansion, trails, rail lines, and more - and a detailed timeline of significant events.
- Descriptions of Indian tribes . . . and new rules and rituals for Indian magic!
- Legends of the Old West . . . to come alive in your campaign.
- The battles that shook the West, from the Indian uprisings to the Civil War.
Suggestions for designing campaigns and one-off adventures, from historic to cinematic to "The Weird, Weird West" with ghosts, shapeshifters, and steampunk science!
Come West if you've got the guts for it. The weak die on the trail, and the cowards never leave home. Let's see what you're made of, pardner!
Written by Ann Dupuis / Lynda Manning-Schwartz / Liz Tornabene