Amarillo Design Bureau
The drones slammed home, detonating the Hood into a spectacular antimatter fireball.
Released in November 2002, this issue supports Star Fleet Battles, Federation & Empire, Star Fleet Battle Force, Star Fleet Warlord, and Prime Directive— and includes two stories.
HISTORY includes "Return of the Hood" by Dale McKee, in which we find out if the saucer section of the badly damaged Hood can make it back to the Federation. "First Encounter" by Kenneth Jones documents the first recording sighting of the Andromedans. Articles on the Klingon Blue Fleet and the Hydran Pegasus-class ships complete the section.
COMMUNICATIONS continues as a department. This includes:
- Service awards
- 10 questions
- After-action reports
- Ask Admiral Growler
- Starline 2400 miniatures
- And a guide to painting the Lyran County symbols.
- Star Fleet Warlord
- Star Fleet Command
- Galactic Conquest
- Play by Email
- and SFB Online.
DATABASE remains the place for new SFB material, including:
- Battle Group 800
- Shipyard Report
- New playtest rules and cards for Star Fleet Battle Force
- Information about GURPS Prime Directive including an article about the Federation and some of the species that live within it,
- Information about Klingon fighters and how to use gunboats in a campaign
- And Brothers of the Anarchist.
SCENARIOS include six new ones (SL211 to SL216).
TACTICS include Patrol Victory at Origins by Tom Carroll, an article on Souldra tactics, and five pages of Term Papers.
The FEDERATION & EMPIRE section includes Q&A, a scenario, and playtest information about ISC Wars.
The NEW SHIPS section for SFB contains models for 16 new ships including:
- Four Hydran Pegasus variants
- Division control ships:
- And Seltorian
- Kzinti improved survey cruiser
- Seltorian light tactical transport
- And Neo-Tholian:
- Heavy command cruiser
- Medium cruiser
- Heavy destroyer
- And heavy frigate.
Written by Stephen Cole